Wednesday 1 July 2015

COLOR DRAMA IN A STICK



(from left to right: Red Essential || Nude Perfection || Pink So Chic)

Maybelline New York is on fire with coming out of new products these days! Unfortunately, we in New Zealand get them last because of geographic reasons (perks of being down under). I was extremely excited about the Color Drama lip pencils to arrive. It was the talk among UK bloggers and youtubers I follow for a hot minute, so of course I have to get it! 
Personally, I think it is a good dupe for the NARS matte lip pencils which is great because not everyone can afford to spend extra on a lipstick! It comes in 10 shades (at least the ones that is available in New Zealand) and you can purchase these lip pencils from FARMERS or at BeautyBliss online. I only purchased 3 shades that are best suited on my skin tone. The other shades were a bit too bright and too much for my liking. Formula wise, it is intensely creamy, highly pigmented, and glides on like a dream without tugging and pulling the lips. It also gives a matte finish despite of it being to creamy. It feels comfortable and moisturizing on the lips which I like the most. The darker the shade, the more stain you will get through out the day. I find that even after eating and drinking, the color is still intact and does not fade patchy. What I like about this product is, you can get away with applying it anywhere without messing up, and it makes it easier to carve out your lip line. 




Have you tried these Maybelline lip pencils yet?


xo










2 comments:

  1. I love these! I have the red one. I think I need to get the other ones :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them as well.. I think Berry Much is another good shade but it is always sold out! They are such a great product for the amount you pay! Thumbs Up! xx

      Delete