Friday 3 July 2015

All the about the brows..




The most asked question I get from work is always about my brows. Some say it's tattooed or fake, others appreciate how defined they are which I both appreciate. Brows is one of the most important thing I could not and must not forget. If I were to choose between mascara and eyebrows? I would in no doubt pick eyebrows! Brows makes such a difference in framing your face. It also comes in different shapes, and thickness so it is entirely preference which one you would like to rock. 

My journey on filling in my eyebrows started back in 2010-ish when I first started getting serious about makeup. Back then, I like the look of thinly shaped brows or also known as overly plucked brows! LOL. Overtime I grew out of it and started embracing the medium thick brow, which frames my face a lot better (well I think it does). It does look more natural and forgiving. I remember, I raved so much about the Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil and is still my favorite, but it is pretty expensive especially when I go through it quickly. Thank goodness for cheaper alternatives that works as great if not, even better than the Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil


BH Cosmetics Brow Defining Kit in Medium - I seriously think this works a lot better than the e.l.f. Cosmetics brow kit! One, it has 2 different shades you can mix and match, two it has a tinted wax that will help tame the brows, and three the brush it comes with works great in applying the product! Not to mention the size of the mirror! It is such a must and the amount of product you get is insane! This brow kit will probably last me for more than 6 months of consistent use. 

BareMinerals Brow Styler - This product looks exactly like the Anastasia Brow Wiz (the product that everyone raves about!). Unfortunately, I have not tried the Anatasia Brow Wiz to compare the two. I use this pencil if I want more definition on my brows by simply outlining then filling it with the brow powder. However, on rush days I like to use it on its own and it gives the most natural looking brows. The tiny tip makes it easier to draw tiny strokes to mimic brow hairs and achieve that natural effortless look! The formula of the pencil is a tad waxy, quite creamy and pigmented (but not too creamy where it can slip and slide) and glides on smoothly when applied. 

Essence Lash & Brow Gel Mascara - I don't know what kind of sorcery was put in this product, but it does wonders in keeping my brows intact through out the day! It does not claim to be waterproof but let me tell you, it is! It does not leave that crunchy feeling but boy oh boy, it is seriously like glue to my eyebrows! The price point is very pocket friendly. 


I will do a follow up post which includes step by step on how I apply each of the products! These are the brow products I'm currently loving.

What's your favorite brow products? I would love to check it out!

xo









No comments:

Post a Comment