Wednesday 6 May 2015

CURRENT FAVORITES : On-the-go Products



I don't typically follow trends or tags but after watching / reading so many favorites, I thought I would share mine too! My favorites are basically the same except for maybe one or two products that are in rotation depending on what I feel like. I used to be a fan of full coverage, super matte look mainly because I was suffering from bad acne (biggest insecurity ever) and wanted to mask that all away.


Everything changed when my skin started to clear up. Thanks to the amazing Skin Perfection Line from Loreal Paris! This serum is everything in the bottle. I first started using this serum about 5 months ago and it literally did a massive change in the way my skin looks. My skin is a lot smoother, even, hydrated, and I don't get cyst whenever I break out. Another thing I like is that it does not cost a fortune, plus it is available from any local pharmacies, supermarkets, Farmers around New Zealand! No joke but I've gone through 4 bottles of this serum! That's how much I love this serum and won't trade it for anything. 

For everyday wear, I like this Lioele Dollish Veil Vita BB Cream in Green. It is a green based BB cream which counteracts redness and gives a good amount of coverage making the skin feel moisturized with matte finish. It also has an SPF 25 that protects the skin from UV rays. The color changing capsules activates and matches any skin tone after application with the help of the warmth of your fingers. It last up to 6-8 hours for me and has been my on the go base for about month. This product is available at makeup.co.nz.

As for primer, I'm starting to fall in love with the Perfect Blur in 5 Seconds from Garnier. The more I use it, the more I start to like how it looks in my skin. It is a silicon primer that blurs enlarged pores and gives a smooth base before the foundation. It can also help improve skin's texture with overtime use. This primer is such a great dupe to the Benefit's Porefessional. I like to use it for everyday, and it is great when worn with a powder foundation! (Read my blog post here)

Say goodbye to your dark cirlces with Maybelline Age Rewind concealer. There are so many concealers in the market that caters to every individual's need and I'm happy that I finally found mine! The rave and hype on Youtube about this concealer sounded bizarre but I was wrong. This concealer is by far the best in covering dark circles and brightening under the eye. The formula is rather moisturizing and does not cake up the under eye are or cling to fine lines.

How can I forget my M.A.C lipstick in Velvet Teddy? It is seriously the most beautiful nude shade I've ever owned. It goes well with any makeup look from natural to dramatic. Even though the formula says it is matte, it does not dry out my lips and it glides on smoothly upon application without tugging your lips! Definitely a must-have!

Another thing I've been obsessing is curling my eyelashes. For everyday work makeup, I have stopped using mascara and stuck to the old fashion way of just curling my eyelashes and adding a bit of Vaseline to my eyelashes for a more natural look. It makes my eyelashes look fluffy, opens up my eye, and gives more of a fresh look!


What are your current favorites?

xo







No comments:

Post a Comment