Thursday 12 February 2015

LIP WEEK: Touch of Purple


When it comes to lipstick, purple is something I don't go for often. The color is too bold and too barbie-ish for my liking. I'm sure it looks great on others, but for me I like to stay within nudes and beige pinks. Somehow I have a few that's floating in my makeup stash and I thought I would give them a try. 
Any blue tone pinks/reds/berries are great for making the appearance of your teeth a lot whiter and pearly. I think that would be the reason why I bought these shade in the past. Nonetheless, I still think purple shade could look good on anyone of any skin tone. I got more interested with this shade when I saw Jennifer Hudson rocking that bold berry lip in every photo. 

I have three shades to show and I believe there could be more! So far these three are my favorite! 'Up the Amp'  (Amplified) from M.A.C  is an impulse buy. I saw beauty Youtubers, beauty bloggers constantly rave about this lipstick and I thought I would join the hype. Another one from M.A.C is in the shade  'Asian Flower' (Sheen Supreme). This is an intense in your face barbie pink shade with a blue undertone. I like this formula as it is moisturizing and quite sheer so you can control how much you apply into your lips.  The last shade and my favorite is one from Essence called 'Wear Berries'. It is a sheer version of 'Up the Amp' and more berry toned. I probably worn this a lot than the other two as it is so easy to get away with. You can either sheer it out or apply liberally and it does not give an ultimate pow in your face. It is also very affordable!


Are you a fan of purple lipstick? Which is your favorite?

Thanks for stopping by!
xx







2 comments:

  1. The Essence shade looks gorgeous!!

    Cass | CassandraMyee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Essence lip pies are great especially for the price you pay! The quality is 100% great and longevity is amazing! Definitely worth checking them out! I wish we have bigger stalls of NYX and Essence in New Zealand!

      Delete