Thursday 18 December 2014

THE FACE: Speedy Makeup for Early Risers


Having to wake at 5am every morning to get ready for a 6am work is dreadful especially when you're glued to the bed and don't want to get up. As for me, I find it super duper hard getting up when my first alarm goes off, I would normally snooze it about 10 times before deciding to finally get up. I give myself a good 10minutes to get ready and that includes getting changed plus makeup. Technically that will leave me approximately 5 minutes to do a full face! And trust me it is possible when you do it on a daily basis! 

The most important thing for me when I do a quick makeup look are the base and brows. Flawless face is nice to look at and to achieve that I use my new favorite Bare Minerals Powder Foundation in 'Golden Medium'. For a powder, it blends so easily and leaves a luminous finish without being too matte and flat. This also gives a good coverage and looks very natural. To give my face a bit of dimension and glow, I like to use Physician Formula's Nude Wear Bronzer. It is composed of 4 different tones of browns with a bit of shimmer so when you swish them together, it gives a nice bronzy highlighted glow. For blush, Jordana's Blush in 'Tawny Beige' is my go to. The shade is a dusty peachy pink with a bit of shimmer for more added glow. I kept it simple in the brow department. Instead of using my all time favorite Hourglass Arch brow pencil, I opted for the Australis Brow Tint in 'Light Brown' as it is quick and easy. Great for taming the wild brow hairs as well as filling the sparse areas for a much fuller brow. I left my lashes bare and just curled it to open up the eyes. Since my lips is already pigmented, I just use a lip balm from The Body Collection. It leaves a nice gloss, hydrates my lips, and also has an SPF to protect from UV rays which is perfect now that it is summer in New Zealand!


And there you have it, my everyday/work makeup. It is simple but it makes you look all put together and more presentable without trying too hard. This has been my favorite look and I even wear this to go  for dinners or night out by swapping the lip balm for a bold lipstick!

What's you'r go-to makeup?

Thanks for stopping by!
xx






No comments:

Post a Comment