Sunday 6 March 2016

THE FACE | Full Coverage Base Duo


Full coverage base is every girl's best friend! I love how airbrushed and flawless my skin looks, the imperfections are easily hidden, and it looks great on photos! However, full coverage base can either look good or bad depending on the application and products used! One thing I hate is for it to look so cake-y and patchy through out the day. For majority of 2015, I did give up full coverage makeup and went all lightweight and natural looking. But when I reverted back, I knew that I was missing something and that full coverage makeup works best for me!
MAC ProLong Wear Concealer - I discovered this product about two years ago together with the MAC ProLong Wear foundation. This concealer is absolutely amazing! It covers my dark circles, lasts all day, and does not budge! I also love the fact that it comes with a pump which is pretty handy. One thing though is you have to be careful when pumping out the product as it dispenses quite a bit. You will only need a tiny bit and it covers both under eyes. I love to apply this concealer with a beauty blender as it can get a little too thick for under eyes! I set the concealer with a translucent powder straight after application to avoid it setting into fine lines as the consistency is quite thick and heavy. 


Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation - Dubbed as one of the long wearing foundation and I could not agree more! It lasts up to 12 hours or more and the coverage is insane! You can go from light to full coverage. It has a wide colour selection which can suit any woman of colour! The only downside is it does not come with a pump, but don't worry! MAC foundation pump or NARS foundation pump can easily fit! One way I like to apply this foundation and definitely my favourite way is with a damp beauty blender (though sometimes I get lazy and use dry beauty blender). It softens the application and creates that seamless finish! If you want to achieve a full coverage look to its extent, a flat kabuki brush will do the trick! For a more sheer coverage, I mix it with my favourite moisturiser and apply with my fingers. It totally depends on your liking. Oh did I also mention that this foundation is sweat / humidity / water proof? Perfect for extremely hot weather as it won't budge at all! I do have oily skin and it is tough to find a foundation that could hold up, and this is definitely top notch! The formula I'd say is almost comparable to MAC Studio Fix Foundation, only difference is the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation does not break me out which is a plus! I only set parts of my face that would get extremely through out the day. It could hold up to 8 hours with my oily skin without retouching or powdering which is a record!


Together both products create a super full coverage but still looks like skin. I wear it everyday for work, out and about, even to go the beach! The finish that it gives is something that I have been wanting for a long time! For reference, my color is in between NC40 - NC42 and I feel like I could get away with using either of the shade. If it is a tad bit matte for your liking, you can always use a hydrating primer or simply mix it with a liquid highlighter for a more dewy look! 



Thanks for stopping by!
xx









No comments:

Post a Comment