Sunday 28 February 2016

BEAUTY GRAB | SEPHORA NZ PICKS!


Long wait is over especially for New Zealand beauty junkies! Sephora online has finally made its way to New Zealand December last year to be exact! I'm a little late for the hype, but seriously though! For my very first Sephora haul, I decided to purchase brands that is not readily available in New Zealand stores - Kat Von D and Marc Jacobs Beauty
Kat Von D's Shade + Light Highlighting and Contouring Palette blew up the whole makeup world like no other! The palette was seriously stunning, but I could not justify myself purchasing a highlighting & contouring palette because I don't do the extra step on the daily. Instead, I opted for the Shade + Light Eyeshadow Palette which is the ultimate must have matte eyeshadow palette! It has a mixture of both warm and cool toned shades which is great to use for a day to night look or even for everyday! Another product I purchased from the brand is the Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in 'Lolita' which again everybody have in there collection! The ultimate go-to lip product which lasts all day! The two products create a great everyday wear combo! I would probably suggest wearing a lip balm before applying the liquid lipstick as it can be drying on the lips. 


Marc Jacobs Beauty has the most luxe packaging I have ever seen on high end products. Well atleast compared to the ones I owned and tried. Genius Gel Super-charged Oil-free Foundation has got to be the product with the prettiest bottle! It comes in a frosted glass, and a pump! I got the color 'Golden Medium 44' which appears to be a wee bit lighter for my skin tone but it actually matches once blended! Thinking about it now, I could probably go one or two shades darker. The formula is watery but dries into a powdery finish which will work great for oily skin type. I have yet to try this foundation and see the longevity, application, and  finish! Apparently, I can never get enough lip products! (P)outliner Longer Lip Liner Pencil in 'Nudeist' comes in this silver packaging which feels a tad bit heavy. I got a basic colour which I can use for everyday and can match the other lip products that I already own. It is creamy, quite opaque and glides on the lips nicely. It is one of those my lips but better shade and it does make your lips luscious and pouty (hence the name!). Kiss Pop Lipstick  in '600 Pow'. This lipstick is supposed to give a pop of colour which lasts for hours! One interesting claim is the transfer resistant which I have yet to try for myself. I went for a peachy pink nude shade which can be worn either summer or winter. It comes with a pointy end which I thing is genius design to make applying lipstick without a mirror easy! I was very happy to get the Marc Jacobs Beauty O!mega Lash Volumising Mascara as a free sample! It gives volume, mega lash which is comparable to appearance of falsies!



I'm really happy of the products that I purchased from Sephora, and the shipping was reasonably fast! The joy of online shopping climbed up to the highest level! I'm looking forward for Sephora to bring more brands and expand their product selection! So far, I'm pleased with the brands that they currently carry and would absolutely shop for more in products in the near future!


Thanks for stopping by!
xx






No comments:

Post a Comment