Wednesday 10 February 2016

BEAUTY GRAB | Avene Skincare for Acne Prone Skin


Another brand added to my list of to try products for acne prone skin. I know for the longest time, one of the main reasons that I break out is because of constant change of products I use. I did manage to stick to one product for the entire year but I got bored. I did however managed to find that gentle products works great on my skin, therefore I'm only sticking to products that are also suitable for sensitive skin.
Avene is one of the affordable skincare brands that carries holy grail status products. Ofcourse I have to try and see for myself! Based on price point, I would say this brand is comparable to La Roche Posay which is another brand I love. Upon reading tons and tons of magazines, it seems like the Cleanance range is the crowd's favourite!

Avene Cleanance Soapless Gel Cleanser - A gentle cleanser that gently removes excess sebum and dirt without stripping the skin's moisture. Though I'm oily, a good cleanser that retains my skin moisture is a must if I want to lessen the oil production in my face. 

Avene Cleanance EXPERT - This product is almost the same as the La Roche Posay Effaclar DUO! Only difference is the consistency, scent, and effectiveness. It basically mattifies, soothe the skin, and target blemishes and blackheads. It also smoothes the skin texture with consistent use. I would say that the consistency is a gel cream with a clean scent which I enjoy. It absorbs quickly into the skin, leaving my skin smooth and plump. As for the skin texture, I might have to use this product for couple more months to fully see a significant improvement. 

Avene D-Pigment - I do suffer from dark acne scars so I thought I would give this product a go. The description sounds promising that I actually got sucked into buying this product! I got the light version which is suitable for normal/combination skin. I noticed that it sort of brighten my face after application but haven't noticed any major difference since I've only used it for 2 weeks. 

Avene Cleanance MAT Mattifying Emulsion - Something that I'm looking forward to trying. I have extremely oily skin and no matter what type of primer I use, my makeup still slips and slides. I even do extra steps to mattify my skin but it only lasts for a couple of hours. When I saw this product, I knew I have to grab it straight away! It said to control shine and hydrate the oily skin. It can also serve as a makeup base to prolong makeup wear. 

Avene Soothing Eye Contour Cream - Eye cream is probably the only skincare product that I'm not fussed with. As long as it feels good and brings moisture to my under eye area. I love the squeeze tube applicator this eye cream has. It makes it easier for me to apply the product as supposed to the ones that comes in a small pot. The formula is lightweight and relieves under eye puffiness whilst moisturising the eye area. 


I still love Cetaphil but I'm excited to see if this brand will do what its supposed to do without irritating my skin. Avenue is available at selected pharmacies around New Zealand or you can purchase the products online. 

Have you tried any Avene products? If so, which one is your favourite?

Thanks for stopping by!
xx
 







No comments:

Post a Comment