Saturday 23 January 2016

BEST 15 of 2015 | BEAUTY EDIT



2015 was a hit and miss for me. It was a hit because I got to do quite a few things and experienced a whole bunch of exciting stuff in both lifestyle and beauty! I'm fortunate enough to be working along side great companies and also expose my unknown skills to the world. It was a miss mainly because of my skin issues. My skin went all ballistic and started irritating wand do all sorts of stuff. I went back to my simple skincare routine but still did not quite do its magic. However, I'm grateful to have found makeup products I can use to hide my imperfections and enhance my natural features. 
I bring you my top 15 beauty products of 2015! These are the products that I religiously use all through out the year. Though I tend to switch up the products quite a bit, I find myself always going back to these products because I know that it will last through out the day without disappointment!

FACE PRODUCTS



For primers, I have two that I absolutely love! bareMinerals Neutralising Primer is the go-to for everyday makeup. I have a lot of redness and pigmented acne scars, so this primer neutralises my face. I also find that it creates a smooth canvas for makeup application, and blurs out my pores fairly well. For days where I want my makeup to last long especially this summer time, Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer comes into action. I'm telling you, this primer is all sorts of witch craft! It makes any foundation waterproof (yes waterproof!), provides SPF, blurs out imperfections and pores. It also makes me matte for a good 7 hours. This is everything and I can actually tell how bad my foundation looks without wearing this primer. 


Base is something I tend to be picky on. I have tons of foundations and tinted moisturisers but when I tried the Loreal Paris Infallible 24Hr Foundation. It is lightweight, feels and looks like skin. It also gives me a satin matte finish which I actually prefer for summer time. The coverage can be built up from medium to full. And it actually lasts for the entire day! For concealer, Maybelline Age Rewind  Concealer is life changing! I got the Dark Circle Eraser in Medium which does a great job on concealing my nasty dark under eyes. It does not feel too cake-y or heavy and the formula is actually quite moisturising. 


For a 5minute makeup, which is basically my everyday wear. The bareMinerals Powder Foundation is spot on! As you can see, I have hit pan because I use this on the daily both on its own or to set my foundation. The powder is finely milled which sits into the skin nicely. For a powder, I'm amazed that it gives a luminous finish. The coverage is insane because it can go up to full coverage! This is by far the best matching powder I've ever tried and I adore it so much! Best way to apply is with a dense kabuki brush to achieve a flawless full coverage base. 


Two brands of blushes that I find works for me is from MAC and Essence. Both have great pigmentation, shows up nicely on my skin and it gives a tinge of life back to my makeup. My favourite MAC Powder Blush is 'Melba' which is a peach colour. This shade dos with any makeup look may it be natural or dramatic. Another blush is from Essence in the shade 'Natural Beauty'. The pigmentation in this blush is comparable to high end! It glides on and blends smoothly to the skin. I like that I can use this shade for everyday makeup when I don't feel like bronzing up my face. I swap between the two depending on how much colour I want on my cheeks. 


I can get away without using any blush but I can't handle my makeup without bronzing! My holy grail bronzer is MAC Mineralise Skin Finish Powder in 'Dark Deepest'. Its a warm tone bronzer that complements my skin well and gives a gorgeous bronze to my skin. I'm surprised that I have not hit pan yet considering how much I use this powder!


EYE & BROW PRODUCTS


Brows is one of my favourite part of makeup routine. It is amazing how brows can change the entire look! Hourglass Arch Sculpting Brow Pencil is the best brow pencil of all the ones that I tried. The angled tip makes t a lot easier to carve and fill in the brows! The formula is waxy but glides on smoothly. I love how I can go bold and natural with using this brow pencil! The spoolie on the other end helps the product distribute  evenly and softens any harsh lines from the brow. 


I'm very basic when it comes to eyeshadows and for that I love my Urban Decay NAKED 2 palette! It has 12 cool tones taupe shades which is perfect for everyday or even for glam nights! The black in this palette is overly pigmented which is double thumbs up for me! To be able to achieve a winged liner, I fell involve with Collection Fast Stroke Liquid Eyeliner in Black. This eyeliner lasts me up to 8hours without fading! Truly impressive! The tip is quite stiff but I actually like it better because it gives me more control on achieving that sharp flick at the end. Mascara is my real dilemma. I would find one that will give me length but make my eyelashes super sparse and almost non existent! Other times, it will make it fluffy but not enough length! Worse of all, it tends to smudge in my lower lash line or transfer. This Origins Ginsing Brightening Mascara is different! It gives me length, volume, and super black lashes without making it look invisible or super sparse. It didn't specify that its formula is waterproof but man this lasts for ages! It will only come off if I rub my eyes with a makeup remover or wet hands. I already finished 2 tubes for the whole 2015 and I'm down to the 3rd one! For the longest time, I've never really paid attention to my waterline until mid 2015. I've noticed how much different and bright my eyes look when I apply white eyeliner or nude eyeliner in my waterline. The product that I used consistently towards the end of 2015 is the NARS Larger Than Life Eyeliner in 'Rue Bonaparte'. Having dark circles and sort of puffy under eyes makes me look tired and lifeless. But applying this eyeliner in my waterline, opens up my eyes and makes it appear brighter and wide awake.


LIP PRODUCTS


My lips had been extremely dry and chapped up to this day. I do still love the Lucas PawPaw Ointment which is a great multi-task ointment, but my lips was craving for a product that would hydrate the lips and get rid of flakey lips. I then rediscovered the Elizabeth Arden 8Hour Cream. I don't know what magic this cream has but boy even the driest to the driest cracks, it can heal and moisturise! This would be a great product to have if you're into matte lipstick. My love for MAC Matte Lipstick in 'Velvet Teddy' is undeniably strong! No matter how much lipsticks I have, I find myself always picking this lipstick up! It has a brown peachy tone which is the type of nude I like because it does not wash me out. I also found the perfect lipliner that goes hand in hand with lipstick! Essence Lipliner in 'Honey Bun'. 

FINAL LOOK USING ALL PRODUCTS!


Thanks for stopping by!

Remember, Always BEYOUTIFUL!

xx







No comments:

Post a Comment