Tuesday 5 January 2016

TRAVEL SKINCARE MUST-HAVES FOR MY ACNE-PRONE SKIN


I spent the last week of 2015 out of town with family and it was amazing! A much needed getaway to relax and unwind. My skin was not doing so well for the past couple of months, one because i'm trying a bunch of stuff that caused irritation to my skin, two I stopped using my holy grail products which is the dumbest move I've ever made! I also managed to get a sunburn on my face on Christmas Day which is a bit sad. I did put on sunscreen but I guess it wasn't strong enough to be able to protect my face against New Zealand sun. Oh what a bummer!
Since, I'm not going to be at my home's comfort, I needed products that I know works great and I can trust in terms of protecting my face, stopping breakouts, and help even out my skin tone. My number one absolute holy grail product is the Cetaphil Moisturising Lotion! I've been using this product for years now (7 years to be exact) and it does an amazing job on keeping my face and body moisturised! I do have oily skin, but this lotion just works well. It doesn't feel greasy, it sips into my skin fast, and relieves any dry patches I have. In fact, I drowned my face with Cetaphil Moisturising Lotion just to help soothe my sunburnt face and to moisturise dry patches to help my makeup glide on smoothly! It does not have any strong weird scent at all. It goes hand in hand  with Cetaphil Cleanser for Oily Skin which is another of my trustworthy skincare product. I discovered La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo through Ruth Crilly from A Model Recommends when she did a full review of the product. Apparently it is made to diminish acne marks, and unclog pores. After about a month of using it after I first got it, I did see a dramatic difference in my skin! The reason why I stopped using it because I ran out and there's nowhere for me to repurchase unless I get someone to buy it for me in Australia. I did however get my hands on it once again! Thanks to my brother for purchasing a good amount for it to last for a year! You will only need a tiny bit, enough to cover the entire face. 

Serum is probably one of my 2015 highlights! Finally, I was able to get my hands on the Loreal Paris Skin Perfection skincare range. My favourite from the line is the Skin Perfection Serum which did a dramatic impact on my skin last year. Small bumps disappeared, my skin tone evened out, and it stopped my skin from breaking out. Once again, I stopped and tried other products only to realise that this is the only product that works wonders to my skin and actually show results! So I went back to using it again, and of course it did not disappoint me at all. For my under eye area, I love to use the Antipodes Kiwi Seed Oil eye cream but travel wise, it isn't the best. I found the Olay Regenerist Revitalising Eye Cream and it does a decent job in moisturising my dehydrated under eye area.  I also love the fact that it comes in a squeeze tube which makes it easier to apply. We can't forget the sunscreen! I was using the Olay facial sunscreen but I found that it irritated my skin. Lucky enough, I  have a stash of beauty samples I have yet to conquer. There I found one from Mecca Cosmetica. I do love this sunscreen! Mecca Cosmetica Facial Sunscreen has an SPF 30+ which is great especially now that its summer time! It feels lightweight and not greasy at all. I do mix it with my Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation for extra protection.


I do have a blog post all about my skincare product faves for my acne-prone skin which you can read here. These are the only products I trust that would work and would most certainly repurchase over and over again until I find another set of products which will do the same thing to my skin. Until then, these products are my holy grails and travel buddies!



Thanks for stopping by!
xx









No comments:

Post a Comment