Saturday 5 September 2015

THE FACE: COOKING METHOD FOR MAKEUP?!


Yeah yeah, we all know what is! Thanks to professional makeup artists and for Amrezy's IG for introducing us to baking/cooking method. Baking / cooking method is basically a newish way of setting your concealer to prevent creasing, and for it to last 10x longer than usual.
Having an extremely oily skin, I struggled with creasing and foundation fading around my under eye area. I first tried this method out of curiosity. Basically you dab a thick layer of setting loose powder with a sponge / powder puff over the areas you put concealer (mainly highlighted areas) and let it sit for a couple of minutes. It absorbs all the oils as well as make sure that the concealer is locked in place. Then dust the excess powder with a fluffy / duo fibre brush, and you have a flawless, seamless, and well set underye area!

Since then, I could not stop incorporating this method with my everyday makeup routine. Then I discovered Patrickstarrr (who's makeup is always on point), use the same method but all over his face. He would refer to it, as 'beating the face' method. Same technique but applied all over the face. I would usually use a big powder puff, dab the translucent powder all over my face and leave it for about 3 minutes. Dust off the excess, and it leaves me with a matte flawless base. I also saw a massive difference with my bronzer and blush application. It glides smoother than usual. Best part of this method is, it keeps me matte all day long! This method is perfect with full coverage makeup for events or photoshoots. It lessens the amount of touch ups through out the day, as well as great at keeping the natural oils at bay.

left: BEFORE        ||        right: AFTER


Have you tried this method yet?

Thanks for stopping by!

Remember: ' Feel BEAUTIFUL'


xx










No comments:

Post a Comment