Thursday 3 September 2015

iPhone Snaps & Bits : Visiting Home



Exactly three weeks ago, I did an unplanned trip back to the Philippines. I have not been home for almost 6ish years and for sure, everything has changed. If it wasn't for a sudden loss, I probably won't be back any time sooner. Since it was only a short trip, I throughly planned my days, set up meetings with friends & relatives I wanted to catch up with. I have to admit, I'm a paranoid anxious flyer. Little turbulence gives me massive anxiety. Thank goodness for the best pilots of PAL for getting me safely both ways. 
On my first day, the sudden change of weather hit me. It was so humid and extremely hot which made me feel greasy and dirty compared to New Zealand where it is currently on winter. Definitely not the type of weather I'm used to which got me sick for the entire time I was there! Can't complain though, I had the best time. 



Food was one of the things, I look forward to having. Everything was reasonably priced and amazing! I did stuffed my eyes with food (because my taste buds were bland because of my sickness). I ended up just having water and coffee for the most part. For some weird reason my tummy did not accept any food with love.



Another thing I like about Philippines were the shopping malls. They are everywhere! I feel like it is the best place to cool since the weather can get up to 35 degrees!! Phew that's more than I could handle! Malls were such a huge thing that they even constructed parks outside so that everything is in one place!






But the best part of my trip was seeing the greatest sunset every single day (It is perfection!), and to be able to spend a bit of time with my nana whom I have not seen for almost 7 years! Ten days of pure bliss and memories with loved ones and friends. I'm forever grateful. 

 I'm definitely going back soon to explore what Philippines can offer.



Thanks for stopping by!
xx








3 comments:

  1. I hope everything is ok with your family! I spent two weeks in the philipines and fell in love with it! The people are so kind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope everything is ok with your family! I spent two weeks in the philipines and fell in love with it! The people are so kind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not been home for awhile so everything feels foreign to me. It sucks that I did not get to explore more. Naww thanks, everything is well and we're slowly moving on. Life happens.. But yeah I will for sure be back! How was your stay?

      Delete