Tuesday 2 June 2015

THE FACE: WINTER BASE As Of Late.


In conjunction to my previous post about powders for full face (read post here), here is my winter base. I'm quite sad that my skin texture went back to way it was before which makes me sad. Trying out new liquid foundations has got something to do with it for sure. Back in summer time, all I used was powder foundation which worked great on my oily skin. I love the coverage that it gives, also it gives a decent amount of coverage without making my skin looking caked up. Thought that it is coming to winter, I would change up my foundation and use a liquid one since the weather is cold and dry. Well that did not really work because I noticed small bumps around my chin area came out of nowhere. It is such a never-ending battle for me. Since then, I resorted back to powder foundation. 
Having an acne-prone skin, I have a lot of redness around my face. To counteract this, I use the bareMinerals Neutralising Primer. It is a yellow toned primer which diminishes redness around my face as well as prep the skin for a flawless and smooth makeup application. I love how powder foundation feels on my skin. I have an extremely oily skin so through out the day I find myself looking like a grease ball! But with powder foundation, it keeps the oil at bay and I find it lasts longer than of a liquid foundation. You all know I love the bareMinerals Powder Foundation and have repurchased my second one! This powder is finely mild, and for a powder that adds luminosity to the skin? Who would say no to that! As for concealing and brightening under the eyes, I find myself reaching for my M.A.C Mineralize SkinFinish Powder. It covers my dark circles like a dream and it does not crease under my eye which I like. To further highlight under the eyes and high points of my face, I love love the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder. It is such a great powder for highlighting as it does not have any glitters or shimmers. It gives that glow from within finish which makes my face have dimension and not flat from too much powder. I sometimes use this to highlight my inner corner. And finally to put color back into my face, my trusty NARS Laguna Bronzer comes to play. It contains a bit of shimmer when you look at it from the pan but it does not show up when applied to skin! It gives a natural shadow, and what I love about this bronzer is that you can never go overboard upon application! 

Forgive my imperfect skin. 

xo







No comments:

Post a Comment