Sunday 1 February 2015

One Day Trip To See Lavenders


As part of our quick break away from the city, we went to visit Lavender Creek Farm. It is located at Te Horo, Kapiti. I first found out about this place when one of my work mate posted a photo on Facebook! I was interested to see what place looks like and if there's things you can do. 

When we got to the place, we were greeted by the owner's dog who was so lovely and friendly. The place is peaceful and relaxing. Not only that, you can also see a bit of the coast. They also offer Bread & Breakfast which is great for stopovers. Upon entry, I was amazed by the Mediterranean inspired architecture that they have going on. Before you make it to their lavender farm, there's a lovely shop you walk through filled with home-made products from candles, diffusers, skincare, body, tea, etc. of course I could not help myself but purchase some stuff from the shop. There's also a $5 donation per car to help the volunteers that do the harvesting and maintenance of the place which I think is not too bad.  What made the trip very special is on how nice and chatty the owners are. They made us feel comfortable. If you are on a road trip or wants a place to go I would highly recommend this place! You can also check their website here for more information.














Thanks for stopping by!
xx











No comments:

Post a Comment