Wednesday 1 October 2014

THE FACE: BB Cream on a Budget


First craze in the makeup world was when BB creams went international which was 4 years ago (don't quote me on that lol). It is suppose to be a skincare and foundation in one. I was very skeptical about this whole BB cream jazz. The claims were vey high, the most common are: to even skin tone, minimize appearance of pores, improve skin texture, and the list goes on and on. 

One of the International brands that first adapted the idea of BB cream is Garnier. I first bought the original formula of Garnier BB cream that first hit the stores and I hated it! It is so greasy, the texture is too thick and not blendable! So I thought, this is such a fail product, but not until later when they came up with a new formula dedicated for combination/oily skin. The BB cream comes with 2 shades - Light, Medium. I believe in other countries they have a third shade called Medium Deep. Having an oily face, I bought my first tube awhile back and OH MY GOODNESS! I was so impressed of how lightweight the product is, and the coverage can go from medium to full coverage! 
I have probably gone through 4 tubes of this BB cream (combination/oily skin) and has been using it for 4 years now. One tube  contains 40ml which is more than any average foundation you get. It also comes with SPF 15 which is descent enough to protect your face from UV rays. The product consistency is a bit watery, so you have to really give it a good shake before suing as the product tends to separate. Although it says mattifying, the finish it gives is more of a satin finish. So I highly suggest using a mattifying primer underneath. As far as the lasting power, I've noticed that the longer you have the bb cream on, the more flawless your face looks. But make sure to blot after 3hours or so depending on what activities you're doing during the day, as it tends to let your natural oils out. 

The shade I'm using is Medium. It has a pink undertone, so I use a yellow corrective powder to balance the color out. Of all BB creams I have tried in between, this is by far the best that I have found. It is also budget friendly, and you can purchase it in any department stores, or pharmacy. 








I would highly highly recommend this product! This is one of my holy grail product and would always keep going back to it!

Thanks for stopping by!
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment