Wednesday 26 April 2017

BROW-MAZING EXPERIENCE!

*collab post*

Brows has definitely became a major trend from mid 2016 all the way to 2017! From carved Instagram brows, to bushy eyebrows, down to brow tattooes! Phew I surely can not keep up! We are all definitely guilty of over plucked eyebrows at one point and I'm definitely super guilty of that! Growing out the brows is the hardest and finding the right salon to help your brows look great is another tough thing to look for!

Last year I was lucky enough to get invited to try the latest salon called Off and On located in Panama Street, Lambton Quay, Wellington. The name itself is weirdly interesting and very unique. The salon opened their branch in Wellington around November or late 2016 if I recall. 



What is OFF and ON? Well it is a salon which is focused on offering affordable and great quality treatments of waxing / laser and brow / lash enhancement.

Services they offer - OFF  Wax & Laser services offers Brazilian waxing for both men and women from underarm, legs, chest, basically whole body! They also offer laser service which is called the Candela Gentle Max Pro laser which promotes permanent hair reduction for all skin types. Prices ranges from $35-$200 depending on what you're after.

ON Browhouse services offers enhancement of lashes, brow shaping / tinting as well as getting rid fuzzies around the face. My personal favourite is their Signature Services which offers a combination of treatments at a very affordable price! If you want a step further in terms of having your brows on fleek, Browography is a must to try! It is a semi permanent brow embroidery / feather stroke brow tattoo which is the biggest trend at the moment.

Consultations before any treatment is always a priority to be able to perform what's best and recommend alternatives which will both work to the customer and technician (as they call it). It also involves building trust which I think is the most important factor for the client to be comfortable. And they never failed on delivering great customer service!

To book an appointment online, you can visit their website http://offandon.co.nz



Where to find OFF AND ON? For my Wellington beauties, you can find them at 22 Panama Street in Lambton Quay. If you live in Auckland you can find them at 8 Osborne St, Newmarket, Auckland. 






Let's talk about the interior! It is by far my favourite thing about this place aside from the staff. When you walk in, you are greeted by a lovely receptionist offers you a sit and a glass of water which makes the experience comfortable as opposed to being intimidated and overwhelmed. The music is upbeat which creates a fun friendly environment. What caught my eye was the divider wall that divides the treatment area from the lounge. It has wheels which makes it movable and interchangeable if they wish to shuffle things around. I thought that was a very unique trait as every time you visit you see something new and fresh! As for the treatment areas, they are well organised and kept clean. Huge mirror and good lighting is present which helps the technicians to perform well and create their magic! Further back is an office space / staff room then a room dedicated for waxing. I personally have not been there but I'm sure it is well organised and clean as well! 

How was my experience? I would rate it 10/10. On my very first consultation, I explained my fear of salons and the horrific stories I've been told hence why I shape my own brows at home. So then after evaluation and hearing my concern, I was offered one of the Signature Services which is called Threesome (custom brow and lash colour, brow shape and dressing) they offer which they thought was appropriate to what I was looking for. The technician who first did my treatment was Heidi and she was a lovely person! Very intricate in details and thorough and gentle. First treatment, I left with wonderful brows and more accentuated lashes! The process took about 15 minutes on lash tint, 40 minutes on eyebrow tint and shaping. The colours that Heidi did was mixture of dark brown and light brown to bring a little dimension to my brows making it look natural as opposed to just having once bold colour. First step is dying the brows, then waxing the excess hairs, and then shaping it! The eyebrow and lash tint lasts up to 4weeks on average or maybe more depending on how much you wash your face. Mine lasted at exactly 4 weeks pushing it to 5 weeks which I'm pretty happy about.


First visit! Threesome treatment - lash tint, brow tint and shaping.

PS: I learned from the experts that though my brow shape was on point beforehand, the way I shape them is wrong! Lesson learned: always ask for advice from the expert! 


Second visit and first lash lift after 1 week of the first visit.  

Second visit. I decided to try the lash lift. I saw it on Chloe Morello and I'm curious as to how it will look on me and the process involved. Heidi did my lash lift and basically they use an eyelash glue to hold your lashes up to the tape then apply a lash perming solution. That process took about 20 minutes then was rinsed with cotton pad soaked in cold water. Voila! my lashes are visible and I don't have to worry about curling them. Lash lift lasts up to 3 months and mine lasted for 4 months! 


Approximately 3 weeks after the Threesome treatment, and 2 weeks after the last lift.
Third visit after 4 weeks of the second visit.

After a 4 weeks I went back for another brow tint and shaping treatment. This time I decided to just focus solely on my brows to help them grow out healthier. My technician was Nicole (honestly I wasn't sure if that is her name but she is really nice). Again, lovely personality, great attention to details and I learned a few more brow tricks from the trade. Apparently, cutting your brow hairs isn't the best thing to do in terms of achieving a great brow shape! Who would've known? Again I went with the same colour which is a mixture or dark brown and light brown. I was left with fleeky brows and big smile to my face! Not only Nicole did a fantastic job, also she was such a great person to chat with! With just after 2 visits, no lie I noticed a massive difference on how my brows look! The growth is not wild, my brows looked pretty tamed than ever and it looks more bushier than I could ever imagine considering I used to over pluck my eyebrows!



This time, my tint lasted for less than 4 weeks mainly because I did a lot of facial scrubs and masks that probably faded the dye too quickly. For my next appointment, I wanted to try to go a bit darker in terms of colour to really test how long it will last and how great it will look while fading. I was then again assigned to a new brow technician and her name is Natalie. She is very friendly, fun to chat with and of course pays very much attention to details and intricate shaping technique. The colour that we went this time is a mixture of red dark brown and honey brown. Since my hair had a little bit of reds, Natalie incorporated a little bit of red tone/warmth into my brow colour. Not only it will make it a bit darker, but also add 3D effect which makes it look like it is naturally fading without being into your face. I was pleased with the outcome and this time, the dye faded longer than I anticipated. My brows can get a little stubborn especially when growing as it can tend to stay in one place and even brow gel can't tame it. But after a few months of consistently going back to OffandOn, I noticed a massive difference in my brows! I don't have to do too much for it to be tamed, and the regrowth grows in one direction! 

Overall, I highly highly recommend Off and On especially if you are kind of lost in eyebrow department or you are simply searching for a trustworthy and great place for brows. If I counted correctly I have been back and forth for 6 times now and I could not be more happier!

If you have visited Off and On, leave a comment on how your experience was.

Thank you for stopping by!
Always BE-YOU-TIFUL!

xx
Carmela

No comments:

Post a Comment