Tuesday 12 January 2016

BEST OF LUST HAVE IT 2015


Lust Have It is the only beauty subscription that I'm subscribe to for the whole 2015. I have to admit it was definitely a hit and miss for through out the year. There was a time that it was all skincare and I didn't really enjoy it that much. But towards the end, it has gotten better! They listened, and included more makeup products than usual! On top of that, most products are full size!
For those of you who are new to the blog or not aware of what Lust Have It is. It is basically a women's beauty subscription box that is based in Australia. They deliver up 5-6 deluxe sample products right in your front door for only $19.95 per month! They also offer different box subscription depending on what you're after. To read more information about it head over to their website. I also have a discount code for you guys who wants to be lusties!


It took me a couple of days to figure out which products belongs to the best of the best category. I have to pick more makeup products because I feel like it is the best way to be introduced to brands that aren't being hyped enough. And anything hair care I'm all in! Skincare, not so much because I have very sensitive / acne prone skin so it is harder for me to test different products without experiencing any irritation. Every month, there's a new theme and every theme goes by the season / weather which is pretty amazing!


Hair&Me Hair Rejuvenation Treatment. Where has this been all my life! It is seriously on of the products that shows a massive difference after one use! I have struggled with dry, frizzy hair for the longest time. Main reason was due to excessive change of colours, bleaching, and too much washing. This product saved my hair and made it looked all moisturised and shiny. I'm probably going to repurchase this product. Another thing I love is the practicality of the packaging. It is thin, functional, and travel friendly!


Aaaah, a series of lipliners, lipgloss, and lipstick! I've gotten a few but these are the shades that I like the most! As you can, they lean towards the wine / brown side of the spectrum. All these lip products are creamy and pretty pigmented! My most absolute favourite would have to be the TEEZ lipstick and Be A Bombshell lipgloss! Both lasts a decent amount and fades beautifully. I would say they last a decent amount of time. The lipgloss especially looks great even when worn alone! If you see me wearing a brown natural looking lipstick on my IG, its the lipgloss!!


A girl can never have too many black eyeliner! It is the most basic essential especially if you're a makeup junkie like me. I'm so excited to find out about an eyeliner that is certified organic, yet gets the job done. Best part is, it does not budge or smear! As you can tell from the looks of this MARSK eyeliner, I've used it to death! The formula is creamy and overly opaque but does not go everywhere or in my contacts! In terms of taking it off, an oil based makeup remover is necessary to fully get rid of the eyeliner at the end of the day! 


Hikari Cosmetics is a brand that I have never ever heard before. But when I saw the colours in this eyeshadow, gaaahmhh I'm all for! The shades are very neutral, and muted earthy tones. I specifically like the peachy shade in this quad. They swatch a bit powdery but it does blend into the eyelids well with a brush. Only thing is you have pile on a lot to get the opacity of the color. It doesn't really bother me, nonetheless the eyeshadow is still pretty and perfect for summer time!


Mellow Cosmetics baked eyeshadow is to die for! I got the shade 'Opium' and it is a metallic taupe shade with a bit of red undertone. Baked shadows are great because you can use it either wet or dry. This eyeshadow is so pigmented and blends smoothly on the lid. I wear it alone for a one shadow smokey eye or it is great as a liner for day wear.


I would never thought that I'd be into coloured eyeshadows until recently. I started incorporating pops of color here and there to amp up my boring neutral makeup. When I received this eyeshadow quad from one of the Lust Have It bag, I got overwhelmed because I never knew how to use full on bright eyeshadow shades. Flormar is a foreign brand and something I have not heard of. It is a makeup brand that is based in Turkey. The Pretty Compact Quartet Eye Shadow is amazing! Though it swatches a little bit powdery and chalky, it appears to have more pigment when applied with an eyeshadow brush. Something different and I can definitely incorporate it with my other looks. (Read my blog post about Flormar here)


Champagne highlighter is quite hard to find especially the ones that matches my skin tone. As much as I love my Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder, the highlighter made for Lust Have It Highlighter  in the shade 'Sunset Strobe' looks amazing! It has a nice sheen which looks more natural as supposed to shimmer which can be overpowering. It doesn't give off a lot of pigment when swatched but that is a good thing (atleast in my opinion). You can slowly build up the opacity based on what kind of look your going for. I also use this highlighter as an over all lid color or inner corner highlight for quick makeup fix.


As for skincare, I  tend to not try or most skincare products I get from the beauty bag because of the fear of breakouts. I could go past shampoos and body lotions because I feel like most brands works well with the majority. Skincare is more personal and once I find products that works great, that's all I use. When I first saw the RACINNE Ultimate Aqua Blanc Concentrate, I thought it would be a good one to try! The word Aqua got me thinking it is a water based cream, but I guess it is a lightweight cream that brightens the skin after consistent use. After a few weeks of using, I didn't see any huge difference on my skin. However, I did like how soft and supple my skin looked in the morning. It didn't give my skin any irritation or bad reaction which is a huge thumbs up! I like to mix it with my dark foundations to lighten it a bit and also to act as tinted moisturiser as supposed to a foundation. 

Your Tea Skin Magic Tea has been all over social media last year! I'm actually real happy that Lust Have It gave out a couple! I tried ordering from the website but it seems like it is always sold out! I'm not quite sure if it actually helped with my skin, but being a coffee/tea addict, I love the way it tastes. It wasn't super strong or bitter, in fact it has a bit of sweet tinge which is something I'm not used to and I kind of like that. For the skin, um I guess I noticed less inflamed cystic acnes. 


Ulta3 Volume & Length Mascara has a curved wand which makes it easier to apply mascara. The curve makes it easier to go around the curve of the eyes and also the bottom lashes. I like to wear this mascara on everyday basis for work. It gives a little bit of length, flares out the lashes making it look full but didn't really give much volume which I'm totally fine with. I would usually layer this mascara with Rimmel Accelerator Lash Extender mascara to give that falsies effect. 


Overall, these product are by far the best of the best for 2015 and became my ultimate favourites! Lust Have It has been great and generous with the products the they put in the beauty bags. I'm fortunate enough to be able to try these products especially the ones I haven't heard of. 


Thanks for stopping by!
xx








No comments:

Post a Comment