Wednesday 28 October 2015

THE FACE | Cranberry & Gold Fall Makeup


I don't particularly wear a lot of opaque / bold eyeshadow look but this one is an exemption! At the back of mind, I was thinking of doing a one shadow smokey eye but it turned into something else! That's the beauty of makeup. 

If you follow me on Instagram (@meetmariee), you'll see that I've been rocking warm smokey eye as of late. Some of you may not like it, as it can turn sickly but I love love rocking warmer eyeshadow shades for my day off makeup. Since I bought a palette from BH Cosmetics, I finally get to play with different shades and this is what I came up with.



For a flawless base, I used the ChiChi Fabulous & Flawless foundation. This foundation is great for special events as it gives the most doll like flawless skin! It does not have SPF so expect no flash backs from this bad boy. I also love the fact that the coverage is build-able. I have an oily skin, so a mattifying primer is a must! Under eye circle is not a good look when doing a dramatic look, so concealing with a good concealer is definitely something to consider! At the moment, I'm enjoying the CoverGirl Ready Set Concealer. It conceals and highlights at the same time! To set everything, Rimmel Stay Matte translucent powder is amazing! Keeps me matte and poreless for a long period of time! Contouring isn't really something I do, but since the look is dramatic, a little chiseling won't hurt nobody! Australis AC ON TOUR Highlighting & Contouring kit does the trick, and it is affordable! For the blush, I mixed the warm & bronzy shade from the BH Cosmetics Special Occasion palette because I only want a hint of color on my cheeks!



Here are the shades I used in my eyes plus the gold shade as my lid color that I forgot to swatch! Swatching these eyeshadows are a bit of a mess, as some of them are so chalky and powdery. But when I use an eye brush to apply on the lids, it blends perfectly fine! Not to mention, it's more pigmented when picking the colors with a brush than fingers! Strange but I still love this palette!



As for the lips, this Essence XXXL Shine Lipgloss in the shade Wood of Roses is amazing! It may have some sparkles looking at it from the tube, but it swatches very opaque and not so sparkly / glittery! I paired it with Essence lipliner in Honey Bun for a deeper brown look!


Thanks for stopping by!
xx










2 comments: