Sunday 25 October 2015

THE FACE | Barely There Base for Acne Prone Skin


Finding a good lightweight foundation for acne prone skin has become a struggle for me. I would find that mosts tinted moisturizers will only give me a hint of color covering almost nothing. Back in the day, I used to suffer from cystic acne where bumps would forever stay in my face making my foundation look patchy and caked up. One other reason I used to stay away from tinted moisturizer is because of my oily skin. At the end of the day, all the coverage have moved / melted away and it's one of the embarrassing thing I've experienced! So I was a massive fan of full coverage foundation, not till later where I started feeling that my skin couldn't breathe.
But don't just rely on a good foundation to achieve a flawless look! Skincare plays the most important part to achieve a great base!  So finding a good skincare regimen is a must! Check out my previous post for skincare products that helps keep my acne at bay! (read here)



For the most part, we do learn from our mistakes. From years of trying different ways and products, I've finally found a duo that I can use for everyday wear! And now that it is finally spring in Southern Hemisphere, I can rock a light base whilst having the coverage I wanted! Those matte days are over! Personally, I'm enjoying a good dewy look as it makes me look more youthful and healthier. NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser is my current go-to base for about 2 weeks now. Having to wake up at 5am every single day, I always forget to put on moisturizer as part of daily routine. I like this moisturizer as it fully hydrates my skin, give a hint of coverage, and has SPF! A good all rounder! To apply the moisturizer, I use my magic hands to makes sure that the product is well absorbed and for a more natural look as supposed to using a brush. My acne scars are very pigmented that it needs a good foundation to cover it up! Loreal Infallible Stay Fresh Foundation comes to play! I use a beauty blender to dab it around areas that needs more coverage. I love this foundation as it has up to medium to full coverage but still feels lightweight and very skin like. Dewy skin can either look good or bad especially for oily skin girls / boys like me. So a good setting powder is handy to set the t-zone area. Rimmel Stay Matte Translucent Powder is the OG. I've used this powder for years and it never ever fails! It keeps my t-zone area matte and helps blur out my pores! Great product for a drugstore brand! 



Here's the canvas I'm working on at the moment. This is by far the greatest my skin has looked! As for now, scarring is my man issue, so I'm still looking for the best product to effectively brighten scars in no time!


And here's the after! I liked how flawless and even my skin look with a slight dew!

A little disclaimer, the products I use may not work for everybody that suffers acne. What works for me may not work for you. 


Thanks for stopping by!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment