Tuesday 7 July 2015

THE FACE: Matte Eyes, Matte Lips


Since it is my day off and feeling a bit under the weather, I thought I would go all out with makeup because why not!? Busted out The Balm's Meet Matt(e) Nude palette for this as I never really went for a truly matte look, well except for matte lips! It is nice to venture out of your comfort zone from time to time. 





Another reason is I wanted to try the new foundation I bought from MAC which is the Studio Fix Foundation. A good full coverage foundation which I have never tried. I was a big fan of the ProLong Wear line and have been repurchasing it over and over. Thought I would give this one a crack since I have a lot to cover and full coverage is everything to me! The consistency is very thick and you will only need a tiny bit to cover your face. So far, it is a good foundation for keeping me matte all day. Before I forget, I need to prime my face and for that I went back to my old and trusty Benefit Porefessional Primer! It is honestly the best primer for filling in pores and creating a smooth canvas for foundation. After all that's done, I like to set my face with a translucent powder and the one I'm currently using is MAC's Prep & Prime Translucent Pressed Powder. Since I already have a full coverage foundation, I don't need extra coverage. This is also great for setting under eye concealer, and for that I use Maybelline Fit Me concealer. It does a good job at concealing my under eye circles as well as brighten the surrounding area. For bronzing I used my trusty MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Dark Deepest and to contour I used the Australis AC ON TOUR Contouring & Highlighting Kit. The blush that I used is Ambering Rose from MAC and to further highlight I set my under eyes with the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light and the high points of my face. 




For the eyes, I went for a soft cut crease look which did not turned out perfect but hey its decent enough! LOL. I used Matt Malloy all over the eyelids, then followed with Matt Singh as a transition shade. I then deepen the crease color with Matt Rosen, then used Matt Wood to create that cut crease. To blends and soften the harsh lines, I mixed Matt Singh and Matt Lombardi. For inner corner highlight, I used a little bit of the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light. I then created my winged liner using Collection Fast Stroke eyeliner in black, popped in some Demi Wispies from Creme (this false lashes is as light as feathers!) which I got from iKatehouse. Then to bind the natural lashes and false lashes, I like to use the ChiChi Super Long Lash mascara. For brows, I used my usual BH Cosmetics brow kit and set it with the Essence Clear Mascara. 





I did a blog post about the lipstick I wore in this look which you can read here. This is one of the frequent lip products I use when I get tired of MAC's Velvet Teddy which you all know is my go-to shade. It is the most affordable lip combo if you want to rock that 90's lips or if you're into a browny pinky nude in general. Lipstick is from Beauty UK in Chelsea and Jordana Lipliner in Mahogany


xo







2 comments: