Sunday 17 May 2015

FULL FACE WITH POWDER


There is definitely no rules into applying makeup and certainly no strict rules on which ones to rock only for summer or winter! I personally love glowing skin throughout the year. It brings out a healthy, youthful look in me.
Have oily skin? Try using powder to create a flawless but glowing base! It took me years to master the use of powder. It may seem a little intimidating at first as powders can get a little cake-y. Finding the right powder that works great on your skin is the key to achieve a flawless base. At the moment, I'm going through a phase where powders are my go-to. It is quick, fuss free and great on keeping natural oils at bay for a long period of time. There are different types of powder foundations that are available to market these days.



I remember my very first powder foundation was the M.A.C Studio Fix foundation. It kept me matte all day but I find that it is not the most blendable powder and can get cake-y instantly. Until I found my favorite powder foundation from bareMinerals. It is by far the best powder foundation I've ever tried! It gives up to full coverage. What I like about it is that the powder is so finely mild that it blends into the skin like a dream. It also gives a luminous finish which I love. To apply this powder foundation, I like to use a flat top kabuki brush for more coverage, and a fluffy brush if I want to rock a lighter foundation. Another thing I like about this bareMinerals foundation is it feels very lightweight on the skin. For my under eye area, I now prefer to use powder which is 1-2 shades lighter than my skin tone. I use M.A.C Mineralize Skin Finish powder. The powder is on the pinky tone side which is great for brightening my under eye. It also gives a good amount of coverage, and does not crease! To brighten my under eye and certain parts of my face further, I like to use the HOURGLASS Ambient Lighting Powder. Finely mild powder which creates a soft focus airbrush finish that gives a glow from within. To bronze and contour, I went back to my old and trusty NARS Laguna bronzer. This bronzer looks shimmery on the pan but when applied to the skin, it gives the most flattering shadow. It is not too orange or not too brown, it sits in between. To add a bit more flush into my cheeks, M.A.C's Ambering Rose comes to play. It is more on the warmer tone side with flex of gold shimmers. It is a sheer tone blush so it takes a lot of dipping for the color to show up intensely. I like blushes that are buildable versus pigmented blush because it gives more control on how opaque I want the blush to look. 





xo






2 comments:

  1. Gosh I love the way you write!
    I have dry skin but I'm a powder fan too. MAC MSF is my favorite for setting foundation. Lately, I've been using Nude by Nature powder foundation. Its quite sheer so great for everyday look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MAC MSF is definitely great for any skin types I find. I have tried the Nude buy Nature powder foundation. Though the formula is nice, I don't like the fact that it comes off way too pink in my skin tone which makes me look I'm wearing a mask which is not very flattering. Of all powder foundations I've tried, bareMinerals has the best range and it does not feel heavy or cake-y on the face.

      Glad you're enjoying my post. Thank you for stopping by!
      Stay beautiful. xx

      Delete