Wednesday 4 February 2015

LIP WEEK: Burnt Red Orange Lips


For the year 2015, the Pantone Color Of The Year is called Marsala. I would describe the color as earthy wine red color which probably can pass as a burnt maroon shade (more info about why this color here). I got excited when I found out that this is the color of the year since I lean towards a more warmer rusty earthy color. I'm actually surprised that not many people rave or love this color. Some say that it is a mature color and I couldn't agree more, but when it comes to makeup, it is absolutely stunning! 

I went for the hunt of a affordable lip color similar to the color of the year and I hit a jackpot. It is from Sweet Pea & Fay Lipstick in the shade NANTES. The color is more of a dark orange from the tube. What I like about this lipstick is what is see from the tube is exactly what you get. It comes off with a squeeze tube and you can apply the lipstick straight from the tube or use a lip brush for a more precise application. There is no scent to it and the consistency is thick and creamy. You only need a tiny bit as little goes a long way. I would say this is a good dupe for the OCC Lip Tars. It also lasts for long time considering it being creamy. I purchased SweetPea & Fay lipstick from Gracie Lou, a New Zealand based online shop for all things beauty. Retail price is $13.50 NZD which is super affordable and for the quality it is a bargain! 




Have you tried any SweetPea & Fay lipstick?

Thanks for stopping by!
xx







No comments:

Post a Comment