Wednesday 25 February 2015

Beauty Grab: Australis' AC ON TOUR Kit


The hunt is finally over and I have found what I've been looking for! It took me three good months to find this beauty. Firstly because it's such an affordable and good dupe to the Anastasia Contour & Highlighting Kit also it has been sold out everywhere the moment shops have it on stock! The struggle is real. Besides contouring & highlighting took the beauty world by storm in 2015! Tones of makeup brands come out with their very own formulation of contour and highlight. It can get a little expensive so finding an affordable alternative that performs as great as higher end products is what I'm all about!
I was off to Brisbane for a little vacay and made this a big opportunity to find the closest Priceline as possible. Went straight to Australis stall and I was happy to find this precious! (I felt like a little kid in a candy store all giddy and happy finding my favorite lolly!). It looks exactly like the Anastasia Contour & Highlighting Kit except for it not being refillable. It is called the AC ON TOUR Contouring & Highlighting Kit from Australis which retails for $17.00AUD. I could've bought 3 so I won't run out but I figured it will be a waste if I ended up not liking the product itself.

It comes with 3 different highlight shades - 2 of them is matte (pink and yellow powder), and 1 shimmery (pink shimmer). It also comes with 3 different matte browns - 2 shades for contouring, and 1 for bronzing. I love the effect that the matte highlight shades give. It brightens my underye as well as highlight without it being too sheeny or shimmery. I also like the bronzing shade. It gives a good sun kissed shadow in the face where sun would naturally hit. The contour shades? it looked a bit muddy on me. I guess I still have to find a way how to use it without it looking harsh and unblended. Formula wise, it is a tad powdery but it blends into the skin beautifully. I find that with the contour shades, a little goes a long way. Other than that, this is such a good affordable product and I'm glad that drugstore brands are stepping up their game in terms of their new releases!

Would I recommend it? Absolutely! Finding your way around and by practicing the art of blending, this product is a winner!





Thanks for stopping by!
xx








No comments:

Post a Comment