Tuesday 23 December 2014

SUMMER MUST-HAVES 2014


*collab post*



It is finally summer down under and I'm excited for warmer weather and sunny days. Unfortunately we have been given wet, chilly, gloomy days recently which is quite depressing. On the other hand, holidays is coming up and we are all busy wrapping up gifts, doing our last minute Christmas shopping and preparations. 

We always want to protect ourselves from the strong rays of the sun, so I highly recommend wearing at least SPF 30 anywhere, anytime of the day. Since it is a hot Christmas, we are all out and about to the beach, picnics with family and friends, sunscreen is a must! My favorite sunscreen at the moment is the Olay Complete Defence (UV Moisturising Lotion) for my face and neck as it is quite gentle and not greasy. You can get this from any pharmacies or department stores near you. I used to be a fan of laying out under the sun to get a tan, but recently I kind of got over it so I resorted to self-tanning. For that, my go-to is the Le-Tan Fast Tan in 'Deep Bronze'. It is a spray on tan that dries quickly, so you don't need to worry about waiting for 4 hours before putting on clothes. It is green-based so it will instantly leave a very natural tan without it looking orange. For my everyday summer scent, I prefer body mists over perfume as it is light and not too overwhelming. Victoria Secret Body Mist is my ultimate go-to and it certainly brings back memories in high school! I used to have a vast body mist collection but it stopped when I could not purchase it anywhere in New Zealand. You can find it at Warehouse from time to time but they don't have a wide selection. So it's either I order it online or ask someone to purchase it for me from Sydney. As for the everyday base, I love love this NARS Tinted Moisturizer! It has a great coverage and with SPF and provides a good coverage for a light base. Summer calls for a bright lip and my favorite is the YSL limited edition in 'Fuchia Tourbillon' from their summer collection last year. Any bright color will do really depending on what you want to go for. Down under, Christmas is around summer time so I want to stay away from traditional red lip and go for more coral, magenta pink color. 

If you are looking into purchasing these items on a discounted price, I found a website which sells gift cards of your favorite stores (i.e. Sephora, Ulta, Macy's, Nordtsrom, etc). The items I showed can be a bit pricey depending on where you go. RAISE is a great site for you avid shoppers that is looking into saving money! They sell gifts cards ranging from $25 up to $500 of value on a discounted price! Simply pick a gift card of your favorite store, purchase it and you'll get it delivered for free! Perfect for last minute gift shopping! This is great to all my US readers. As for us living in New Zealand, you can still purchase some and shop online using a shipping service like YouShop or Shipito. Not only that, you can also earn money by selling you unwanted gift cards! For more information on how this website works read here.


Thanks for stopping by!
xx







No comments:

Post a Comment