Sunday 7 December 2014

Christmas Wish List # 2: Skincare


*photos from Pinterest*

We all have different preferences when it comes to skin care products. For me, less is more - total cliche but I feel like the less amount of products we put in our face the better. After all woman of age survived with only 1 product in their vanity centuries back. As for my skin care wish list, I picked the brands that involves cult products raved by high fashion bloggers, and beauty bloggers. 


KIEHL's Skin care - I have tried a few Kiehl's product before and I loved it! The first ever product I purchased from the line was their Creme De Corps Soy Milk & Honey Whipped Body Butter. I used it around winter time, and it highly moisturized my skin. The texture is thick and a bit greasy because of the  natural oils whipped in it, but I like it because you can feel that even the driest part of your body is heavily moisturized and it does leave a silky smooth feeling. However, I stopped repurchasing it as it costs $62 for 226g! But if I have a spare cash, I would totally splurge on it again! Another Kiehl's product favorite is the Ultimate Strength Hand Salve. If you're working in a place where intensive hand washing is involve, or any job that active hands is involved, then you should try this hand lotion! It literally lives up to its name. 
There are a few products I want to try from line that was or still is the hyped product especially from the UK bloggers that I follow!

1. Midnight Recovery Concentrate Serum
"Effectively restores skin's healthy appearance overnight, resulting in smoother, more radiant complexion by morning."

2. Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution
"Eliminates dark spots and discolourations leaving a more even skin-tone."

3. Micro-Blur Skin Perfector
"Diminishes appearance of pores and refines skin texture"


Mario Bedescu Skin care- This brand has a quite a few cult products among beauty youtubers. This brand is great for troubled skin especially acne-prone skin, not only that it also caters to other skin types. I can't say much about this product as I have not tried anything from the range. As for my wish list from this line I only have one that I wanted to try and that is the Drying LotionIt is a spot treatment that has blends of Calamine and Salicylic Acid to clear and soothe unwanted breakouts. You can find Mario Bedescu from their official website or at Beauty Bay


Aesop - An Australian based brand which is based in Melbourne. With combined plant-based and laboratory made ingredients, to make a high quality products with anti-oxidants properties. I personally love the branding and the packaging of the brand. It is simple but feels luxurious. I got gifted two products which I absolutely love - Geranium Leaf Body Scrub (which smells like orange), and Rejuvenate Intensive  Body Balm (great for colder months). 
Two products I want to try from the line:

1. Parsley Seed Cleansing Masque
-Estee from Essiebutton talked highly about this product so I thought I would give this a go once I find a place where to purchase it apart from their website.

2. Chamomile Concentrate Anti-blemish Masque
- mask for troubled skin.


Dr. Jart + Black Label Detox Pore Penetrator - Dr Jart brand is so foreign to me but I have read a few reviews of some of their products being great. I was just casually browsing Pinterest one night, and I found this specific product. I got drawn into it mainly because of the label that says Pore Penetrator. Having an oily/ acne-prone skin, I also have enlarged pores which has been a problem for the longest time. Any product that says pore minimizers or diminish pores, sign me up for that! I'm still half and half about this product so I guess I might have to do more research before purchasing this as it can be a bit pricy!


Have you got a list of skin care brands to try or purchase this holidays?

Thanks for stopping by!
xx






No comments:

Post a Comment