Tuesday 5 April 2016

SUMMER MOST LOVED PRODUCTS 2016


This post is very long overdue! This year's summer was definitely the best! We had almost a month's worth of consistent heat and sunny days which is pretty amazing for Wellington! As the heat rises, its time to ditch a full coverage base and swap to a lighter one! My skin also tends to feel dry so little oomph of moisturiser is much needed! Summer calls for a little light, fresh, and dewy look. Personally, I like the look of imperfect skin peeping through as it looks natural and very fresh!
My ultimate go to base is always BB cream! For the longest time my go to was Garnier BB Cream in Medium but I find that the color match is too pink for my liking! So I switched to ChiChi Super BB Cream which did a great job! But since discovering the Smashbox Camera Ready BB Water, everything changed! It is the most light weight bb cream I've ever tried and probably the best! It is a water-based formula which turns into a powder finish. It's great for oily skin, however I still need to powder after application to extend the wear of the bb cream due to having an extremely oily skin. The colour match is spot on because the range has yellow toned shades which I like! Oh not to mention it has an SPF 30! As a pre-base mist and setting mist, Evian Facial Spray comes to the scene! It soothes my skin especially on a very hot day and refreshes my makeup through out the day! Another similar product to this is the Avene Thermal Spring Water


As for skincare, I swear by Cetaphil products! I've tried different skincare brands but for some odd reason I always revert back to Cetaphil! My all time favourite is the Cetaphil Moisturising Lotion which is everybody's staple! It is gentle to the skin, works great for both face and body! Another use I find is to mix this product with my Estee Lauder Double Wear to break down the thick consistency of  foundation and serves as tinted moisturiser for natural days. I recently discovered the Cetaphil Moisturising Lotion with SPF30 specifically formulated for acne prone skin. Out of all the sunscreen I've used, this is the only one that did not irritate my skin at all! It has that distant SPF smell and consistency but does go away after a few seconds of application. For day time use, I love using this under my makeup for extra protection. My lips is the driest part of my face! It chaps like crazy and sometimes it tends to flake. To combat the dryness, I swear by Elizabeth Arden 8Hr Cream. It has a very thick petroleum consistency which I like. It leaves my lips super moisturised and glossy. 


All through out summer, I've been living with body mists! I like a little scent, not too overpowering. Victoria Secret has the best range of of body mists and currently I'm loving Aqua Kiss. It smells very fresh, quite manly but with a sweet touch at the same time. Another body mist I enjoy is from The Body Shop in Satsuma. Ofcourse, I have to include the Elizabeth Arden Green Tea body mist which smells divine! Scents is quite personal and also hard to describe! Anything light, clean, fresh scents - I'm all for!


These are the products that are on rotation in my everyday summer routine. Scratch that, actually through out the year with the exception of foundation! If I were to choose the basic products that I will take with me on travel, this would be it! 

Thanks for stopping by!
xx









No comments:

Post a Comment